Tuesday, April 13, 2010

welcome to my world (part 1)


my life feels like starting mid-sentence at the moment as i pick up where i left off, after getting distracted and busy with other things for a period of time... i think the reason for this is running aussieBum the way I do, requires that I switch roles ten times a day, going from marketing co-ordination to business consulting in the space of half an hour often getting back to where I began only to start all over again - 

some how things get done and most importantly all of the company maintains its' individual character, is always coming up with new ideas and innovations.... at times - running a company geared toward creative flexibility, can also make dealing with people a challenge, as often I only have time for 1 minute conversations that involve complicated issues and situations, and often ideas get lost in translation... luckily i do have a great team who take their own initiative and  who understand the creative process themselves...  i guess what i am trying to say is that; I find the 'not' enough hours in a day' part of the job hard, as i am by nature quite informal and like getting to know people and hearing their stories etc... striking the right balance is, where my head is at right now - between creating the new and developing and building on strong foundations... this is the part of working at aussieBum that I have grown to love as it's  all about people and relationships - watching others go from strength to strength is really quite a satisfying thing....

although i love the creative side of aussieBum, photo-shoots etc the demands of running a successful company requires involvement and attention to detail on every level and in every way and this can be a challenging learning curve. don't get me wrong i love everyday of what i do, but as always in life - who would ever have imagined i would be doing this? 

everyone who knows me, knows that i have high standards for myself and the people i work with, which is a good but frustrating aspect of my personality... and especially since i stress that i am not perfect, i am still learning and for those people that get angry with me when they don't get the answer they were looking for or because I have high expectations of them, I always say that if I have to live with these kinds of expectations every second, maybe having them on you every now and then isn't so bad.... if you love what you do, you'll always will be good at it - younger generations   trying to define who they are and what they want to do with their lives just need to be honest with themselves otherwise the real world will be quite a shock. 

sean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment